2021-22 School Year REGISTRATION IS OPEN: If you have questions, or an updated/current physical you can email those to SpicerN@district112.org. Physicals are good for every two years per District 112.
Welcome to the home of the Chanhassen Storm!
Chanhassen High School offers over 30 different athletics programs designed to meet the interests of our student body. These programs are an opportunity and a privilege afforded to students in our Chanhassen school community. Students are strongly encouraged to become active in a variety of activities while attending Chanhassen High School.
Chanhassen High School recognizes the value and importance of athletics programs as an extension of a good educational program. Participation in the athletics programs is a privilege and a valuable part of the overall school experience. It contributes to the emotional, physical, and intellectual development of our students, helping prepare them to become productive, contributing citizens of their community.
Chanhassen High School is excited to announce the establishment of the Chanhassen High School Hall of Fame, beginning with our first induction class in the Fall of 2022. Please help us spread the word as we look to honor individuals who have represented and/or contributed to Chanhassen High School over the past 12 years.
Criteria for Consideration:
- Fine Arts/Activities or Athletics - must be a CNHS graduate and out of high school at least ten years.
- Advisor/Coach/Director - must have been a contracted adviser/coach/director at CNHS.
- Contributor - community member who has devoted time and effort and/or made significant contributions to support Chanhassen High School Fine Arts/Activities and/or Athletics.
- Distinguished Alumni – Graduates of Chanhassen High School that have distinguished themselves since graduation.
Thank you in advance for your nomination and if you have questions about the process please feel free to contact the Chanhassen Activities Office at 952.556.3530.
Mike Bailey Jim Swearingen
Athletics Director Fine Arts & Activities Director
We believe that:
- Athletics is part of our educational program. It should be FUN!
- Athletics must teach positive values: fair play, good sportsmanship, pride in self, team and school.
- Participation in athletics is important. Multi-sport participation is encouraged and supported.
- A comprehensive athletics program offering will support and reflect student interest and participation.
- Athletics should encourage athletes to stretch beyond their comfort zone, taking risks within a structured environment.
- Athletics enhances physical and mental well-being.
- Meaningful competition is healthy.
- A sound athletics program stimulates participants to win and excel, recognizing our purpose is human growth and potential.
- Our community values athletics.
- Our school community is stronger when we promote healthy relationships through respect for opponents, officials, teammates, self, and for persons in position of authority.
Athletics at Chanhassen High School builds community through the engagement of students, staff, parents, alumni, and all members of our school community. We take pride in knowing that our coaches are educators and our athletes are learners; and that we are all representatives of our school community. Successful athletics teams generate unique excitement across the school, help strengthen bonds amongst our school community, build loyalty in a healthy manner, and give our school community yet another reason to be proud and celebrate all that is Chanhassen High School.
Our Chanhassen Storm compete in the Metro West Conference and are members of the Minnesota State High School League.
Chanhassen High School is excited to announce the establishment of the Chanhassen High School Hall of Fame, beginning with our first induction class in the Fall of 2022.
Last night, the Eastern Carver County School District announced the cancellation of the Chanhassen-Chaska varsity football game, scheduled for the evening of Friday, October 16, and the Chanhassen-Chaska junior varsity game on Saturday, October 17. The 9th grade football game on Thursday, October 15, will continue as scheduled. The cancellation was necessitated by a COVID-19-related quarantine impacting the Chanhassen football program.
If you do not have a pre-sold ticket, please do not come to school grounds on game day. We understand this is hard, but we need the support and help of our community to keep our case numbers low, athletes playing, and our schools open.