This is a new summer test date for the ACT, and our District is not a test site for this July 14 test (registration closes for this test on June 15, late registration ends June 22). ACT Registration has a search function to find the closest test site. Register at www.actstudent.org, and if this is your first registration, allow about 45 minutes to complete all the required profile information, to select test date, to select testing location, to add colleges for scores if desired, and to make payment.
- The ACT website has limited practice on their website and has a “Question of the Day”
- ACT prep books are available for check out in the CRC
- The Minnesota Career Information System has free test practice as well as a free self-paced online study course for Chan students. Students must log into their “MyCIS” account, hover over “My Portfolio”, and then select “College Entrance Tests”.
- Arrive in plenty of time, no later than 7:45am is suggested
- Bring: admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils, approved calculator with fresh batteries, snack for breaktime, confidence
- ACT test, arrive no later than 7:45am for an 8:00am start time
- Bring your admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), approved calculator with fresh batteries, a snack for break
- Registration deadline was Aug. 10 for this test
- Students can check out ACT Test Prep books from the CRC.
- Minnesota Career Information System: students login with their personal “MyCIS” information (or create an account if a new user), mncis.intocareers.org . Hover over the “My Portfolio” tab, and then click on “College Entrance/GED/ASVAB Test” to access up to 3 full-length practice tests as well as a self-paced online ACT Prep Course (also available: “Advanced Academic Tests” for AP/SAT Subject Tests/Graduate Level tests)
- District 112 Community Education regularly offers ACT Prep Options – two District teachers regularly offer a Prep Class. Check the Community Education Brochure under “Academic Enrichment – High School”, ce4all.org, or call 952-556-6400. Private Tutoring is also offered through Community Ed as available – call 952-556-6194.
- Learning Express Library: Free practice, but need to sign in with a library card and pin, https://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/libraryhome
- There are many independent test prep companies in the area, but the District is not in a position to recommend or endorse any particular option.
- From ACT: “Your coursework already prepares you to take the ACT—but additional practice can help you be ready to do your best.” For more information about test practice from ACT, visit http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation.html – “ACT Academy” is free; other options are fee based. The ACT website offers helpful testing information, tips, guides, etc.