- 8:30am-12:30pm (includes lunch): Ag Career Fair & Technology Showcase at the Willmar campus of Ridgewater College for current high school juniors and seniors and parents. Register here by Nov. 28. Discover employment opportunities in agriculture, attend industry presentations about new products and technologies, network with industry reps from major agriculture companies, explore trade show exhibits, find out about ag programs at Ridgewater, tour classrooms and labs.
- Lunches 10:39am-1:02pm: U.S. Army
No sign up required – just stop by the table during your lunch
- Lunches 10:29am-1:02pm: U.S. Marines, Ssgt Wold
No sign up required, just visit the table during your lunch
- Lunches 11:09am-1:14pm: U.S. Air Force
No sign up required, just stop by the table during your lunch
Chanhassen High School is a test site for the Saturday, December 9 ACT (registration closes for this test on Nov. 3, late registration ends Nov. 17). Register at www.actstudent.org, and if this is your first registration, allow about 45 minutes to complete all the required profile information, to select test date, to select testing location, to add colleges for scores if desired, and to make payment.
- The ACT website has limited practice on their website and has a “Question of the Day”
- ACT prep books are available for check out in the CRC
- The Minnesota Career Information System has free test practice as well as a free self-paced online study course for Chan students. Students must log into their “MyCIS” account, hover over “My Portfolio”, and then select “College Entrance Tests”.
- There are many outside for-fee tutoring options, but the CRC is not in a position to recommend or endorse any provider. District 112 Community Ed may offer courses from outside providers or may have information on private tutors – call 952-556-6400.
- Arrive in plenty of time, no later than 7:45am is suggested
- Bring: admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils, approved calculator with fresh batteries, snack for breaktime, confidence
“LIFE AFTER THE STORM” : Chan alumni return to speak with current students about their experiences since graduation. Any and all alumni are welcome to attend – please contact Emily Mattran, email@example.com
SCHEDULE FOR THURSDAY DECEMBER 21, 2018:
- 8:20am: Alumni arrive at Chan and come to CRC for room assignments
- 8:50am: Alumni go to assigned rooms for 2nd hour (2nd hour 8:57-9:45am)
- 9:45am: Alumni go to assigned rooms for 3rd hours (3rd hour 9:51-10:39am)
- 10:39am: Alumni come back to CRC for lunch
Friday, Jan. 12, 2018 is the registration deadline for the Feb. 10, 2018 ACT. Chanhassen will be a test site location for the February test, but students who register close to the deadline may need to select an alternate location. Register online at www.actstudent.org.
Free Test practice:
- Practice books can be checked out from the CRC
- Free full-length tests and free online self-paced study course for students through MCIS when logged into their “MyCIS” account: My Portfolio>Test Prep>College Entrance/GED/ASVAB (AP test practice also available)
- Limited practice on ACT website along with “ACT Question of the Day”
- 8:00am: Instructions and applications for the Senior Local Scholarship Program will be available the morning of Tuesday, January 23 on the CRC Website – scroll to the “Local Scholarship Program” button just below the picture.
- All applications are due to the CRC no later than 3:30pm on Thursday, March 1, 2018 – please note…NO EXCEPTIONS to this deadline.
- Some of these awards are selected by an outside organization, some are selected by a high school scholarship committee. Recipients will be notified by a letter mid-May and will be asked to attend the Senior Award Night in the Chanhassen High School Theater at 7:00pm on Wednesday, May 30. In most cases, the specific scholarship is kept a surprise until the evening itself.