Jun 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- 7:00pm: Exploring Educational Excellence – Five College Visits, One Local Stop: Admissions counselors from Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Rice University, and the University of Chicago will discuss academics, the admissions process at selective schools, financial aid, and campus life. For more information to to register for the evening, please visit the event website listed above.
Jun 8 @ 7:45 am – 1:00 pm
- ACT test, arrive no later than 7:45am for an 8:00am start time
- Bring your admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), approved calculator with fresh batteries, a snack for break
- Registration deadline was May 3 for this test
- Students can check out ACT Test Prep books from the CRC.
- Minnesota Career Information System: students login with their personal “MyCIS” information (or create an account if a new user), mncis.intocareers.org . Hover over the “My Portfolio” tab, and then click on “College Entrance/GED/ASVAB Test” to access up to 3 full-length practice tests as well as a self-paced online ACT Prep Course (also available: “Advanced Academic Tests” for AP/SAT Subject Tests/Graduate Level tests)
- District 112 Community Education regularly offers ACT Prep Options – two District teachers regularly offer a Prep Class. Check the Community Education Brochure under “Academic Enrichment – High School”, ce4all.org, or call 952-556-6400. Private Tutoring is also offered through Community Ed as available – call 952-556-6194.
- Learning Express Library: Free practice, but need to sign in with a library card and pin, https://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/libraryhome
- There are many independent test prep companies in the area, but the District is not in a position to recommend or endorse any particular option.
- From ACT: “Your coursework already prepares you to take the ACT—but additional practice can help you be ready to do your best.” For more information about test practice from ACT, visit http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation.html – “ACT Academy” is free; other options are fee based. The ACT website offers helpful testing information, tips, guides, etc.