Feb 7 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- 6:30-7:30pm: District PSEO Information Night, held in the Forum, CHASKA HIGH SCHOOL (same night as Registration Night). This is an annual information session for all District families that is rotated between the two high schools every year. School Counselors will give a brief overview of PSEO options and points to consider as a high school students. PSEO Admission Specialists from a number of area colleges that are often attended by our students will then be available for individual questions. By MN State Law, students are required to let their counselor know if they plan to participate in a PSEO program no later than May 30. For more information about PSEO, visit: https://education.mn.gov/MDE/fam/dual/pseo/
Feb 7 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Feb 9 @ 7:45 am – 1:00 pm
- ACT test, arrive no later than 7:45am for an 8:00am start time
- Bring your admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), approved calculator with fresh batteries, a snack for break
- Registration deadline was Jan. 11 for this test
- Students can check out ACT Test Prep books from the CRC.
- Minnesota Career Information System: students login with their personal “MyCIS” information (or create an account if a new user), mncis.intocareers.org . Hover over the “My Portfolio” tab, and then click on “College Entrance/GED/ASVAB Test” to access up to 3 full-length practice tests as well as a self-paced online ACT Prep Course (also available: “Advanced Academic Tests” for AP/SAT Subject Tests/Graduate Level tests)
- District 112 Community Education regularly offers ACT Prep Options – two District teachers regularly offer a Prep Class. Check the Community Education Brochure under “Academic Enrichment – High School”, ce4all.org, or call 952-556-6400. Private Tutoring is also offered through Community Ed as available – call 952-556-6194.
- Learning Express Library: Free practice, but need to sign in with a library card and pin, https://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/libraryhome
- There are many independent test prep companies in the area, but the District is not in a position to recommend or endorse any particular option.
- From ACT: “Your coursework already prepares you to take the ACT—but additional practice can help you be ready to do your best.” For more information about test practice from ACT, visit http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation.html – “ACT Academy” is free; other options are fee based. The ACT website offers helpful testing information, tips, guides, etc.
Feb 28 @ 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Feb 28 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- 6:30-7:30pm: Junior College Planning Night, CHASKA HIGH SCHOOL FORUM. This District information session focuses on college planning for juniors and their families, but any grade is welcome. This event is rotated between the two high school each year – remember, Chaska HS this year! A panel of admission representatives from a variety of types of colleges (2-year, 4-yr, public, private) will give an overview of the planning process. This event will help students begin to consider types of educational options that “fit” their aspirations, and target possible college visits in the spring and summer.