- Registration deadline for July 13, 2019 ACT
District 112 will not be a test site for the July 13 test, but students may select any testing location (remember: some sites do fill up before the registration deadline – the registration process will help students find the next closest test site)
To Register: visit www.actstudent.org, create an account, allow about 45 minutes for your first registration, select a test location, and pay online (fee waivers are available – please see your counselor). Students can select 4 colleges to send scores to at time of registration (and up to the Thursday after a Saturday test) for no fee. Scores are easily sent later using “Send Scores” for a fee of $13 per test date per college.
- ACT test, arrive no later than 7:45am for an 8:00am start time
- Bring your admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), approved calculator with fresh batteries, a snack for break
- Registration deadline was June 14 for this test
- Students can check out ACT Test Prep books from the CRC.
- Minnesota Career Information System: students login with their personal “MyCIS” information (or create an account if a new user), mncis.intocareers.org . Hover over the “My Portfolio” tab, and then click on “College Entrance/GED/ASVAB Test” to access up to 3 full-length practice tests as well as a self-paced online ACT Prep Course (also available: “Advanced Academic Tests” for AP/SAT Subject Tests/Graduate Level tests)
- District 112 Community Education regularly offers ACT Prep Options – two District teachers regularly offer a Prep Class. Check the Community Education Brochure under “Academic Enrichment – High School”, ce4all.org, or call 952-556-6400. Private Tutoring is also offered through Community Ed as available – call 952-556-6194.
- Learning Express Library: Free practice, but need to sign in with a library card and pin, https://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/libraryhome
- There are many independent test prep companies in the area, but the District is not in a position to recommend or endorse any particular option.
- From ACT: “Your coursework already prepares you to take the ACT—but additional practice can help you be ready to do your best.” For more information about test practice from ACT, visit http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation.html – “ACT Academy” is free; other options are fee based. The ACT website offers helpful testing information, tips, guides, etc.
This will be an opportunity to pick up your schedule, find your locker and your classrooms. You will also get your picture taken for the yearbook if you are a 9-11th grade. You will also be able to pay your fees for Ind. tech, art, and a parking pass. Yearbook staff will be here as well if you would like to purchase your yearbook in advance.
This will be an opportunity for 9th and 10th graders to pick up their schedule, find their lockers, buy a parking pass, pay any fees for art or ind. tech and deposit money in their lunch account. They will get their school picture taken that day and the yearbook staff will be here if they want to purchase a yearbook.
Open House is for parents, students, and community members. At 6:00 pm you and your student can see all the extra activities that Chan has to offer. We will begin at 6:30 pm with a general session and introduction to our school. We will highlight exciting new programming within our school, as well as talk about the upcoming year. After, our staff will be in their classrooms to meet you informally. We look forward to seeing you then.
- Click here for the Service Academy Information Night Flyer
- Interested students and families are invited to learn more by attending this event featuring representatives form all five United States Service Academies – great opportunity to explore each academy and to ask questions about the application and nomination process. Learn more about receiving a nomination from the Office of Dean Phillips at: http://phillips.house.gov/service-academy-nominations
- 8:15-8:45am: Creighton University (Omaha, NE) – Kathryn Lundgren
- 8:20-8:51am: UW-Madison (Madison, WI) – Selinda Garcia
- 1:15-1:38pm: University of Denver (Denver, CO) – Jenn Gross
Students – sign up for all college visits using the FlexTime Scheduler
For an alphabetical list of upcoming college visits, click here.