Seniors: The Local Scholarship Program for the Class of 2019 opens the morning of January 22, 2019 and applications are due back to the CRC no later than Thursday, February 28, 2019 by 3:30pm – no exceptions! Please give yourself plenty of time to organize and make the required application copies (the directions will be helpful because the number of copies depends on which scholarships you decide to be considered for). All applications and directions will be available through a link on the CRC website on January 22!
- 6:30-8:00pm: District PSEO Information Night, held in the Blue Forum, CHASKA HIGH SCHOOL (same night as Registration Night). This is an annual information session for all District families that is rotated between the two high schools every year. School Counselors will give a brief overview of PSEO options and points to consider as a high school student. PSEO Admission Specialists from a number of area colleges that are often attended by our students will be available for individual questions. The PSEO Representatives will arrive by 6:30pm, counselors present from 7:00-7:30pm, and the PSEO reps will be available again until 8:00pm.
- By MN State Law, students are required to let their counselor know if they plan to participate in a PSEO program no later than May 30. For more information about PSEO, visit: https://education.mn.gov/MDE/fam/dual/pseo/
- ACT test, arrive no later than 7:45am for an 8:00am start time
- Bring your admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), approved calculator with fresh batteries, a snack for break
- Registration deadline was Jan. 11 for this test
- Students can check out ACT Test Prep books from the CRC.
- Minnesota Career Information System: students login with their personal “MyCIS” information (or create an account if a new user), mncis.intocareers.org . Hover over the “My Portfolio” tab, and then click on “College Entrance/GED/ASVAB Test” to access up to 3 full-length practice tests as well as a self-paced online ACT Prep Course (also available: “Advanced Academic Tests” for AP/SAT Subject Tests/Graduate Level tests)
- District 112 Community Education regularly offers ACT Prep Options – two District teachers regularly offer a Prep Class. Check the Community Education Brochure under “Academic Enrichment – High School”, ce4all.org, or call 952-556-6400. Private Tutoring is also offered through Community Ed as available – call 952-556-6194.
- Learning Express Library: Free practice, but need to sign in with a library card and pin, https://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/libraryhome
- There are many independent test prep companies in the area, but the District is not in a position to recommend or endorse any particular option.
- From ACT: “Your coursework already prepares you to take the ACT—but additional practice can help you be ready to do your best.” For more information about test practice from ACT, visit http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation.html – “ACT Academy” is free; other options are fee based. The ACT website offers helpful testing information, tips, guides, etc.
- Lunches 10:48am-1:08pm in the Commons: Military/Service Fair – enlisted branches, Academies, ROTC, Reserves, etc. will be represented
No sign up required, just stop by tables during your lunch. Parents are welcome to attend.