Explore Agricultural Careers on Friday, December 7 at the Ridgewater College Willmar campus from 8:30am-12:30pm, lunch included. Visit the state-of-the-art facilities and explore the seven well-established agricultural programs, everything from traditional dairy, agronomy and farm operations to GPS/GIS and the newest program – Agricultural Power and Equipment Technician.
- discover employment opportunities in agriculture
- attend industry presentations about new products and technologies
- network with industry representatives from major agriculture companies
- explore trade show exhibits
- review ag training programs
To register or for info: 320-222-5267, email@example.com. Register by Dec. 3 at www.ridgewater.edu/agcareer-tech
- ACT test, arrive no later than 7:45am for an 8:00am start time
- Bring your admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), approved calculator with fresh batteries, a snack for break
- Registration deadline was Nov. 2 for this test
- Students can check out ACT Test Prep books from the CRC.
- Minnesota Career Information System: students login with their personal “MyCIS” information (or create an account if a new user), mncis.intocareers.org . Hover over the “My Portfolio” tab, and then click on “College Entrance/GED/ASVAB Test” to access up to 3 full-length practice tests as well as a self-paced online ACT Prep Course (also available: “Advanced Academic Tests” for AP/SAT Subject Tests/Graduate Level tests)
- District 112 Community Education regularly offers ACT Prep Options – two District teachers regularly offer a Prep Class. Check the Community Education Brochure under “Academic Enrichment – High School”, ce4all.org, or call 952-556-6400. Private Tutoring is also offered through Community Ed as available – call 952-556-6194.
- Learning Express Library: Free practice, but need to sign in with a library card and pin, https://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/libraryhome
- There are many independent test prep companies in the area, but the District is not in a position to recommend or endorse any particular option.
- From ACT: “Your coursework already prepares you to take the ACT—but additional practice can help you be ready to do your best.” For more information about test practice from ACT, visit http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation.html – “ACT Academy” is free; other options are fee based. The ACT website offers helpful testing information, tips, guides, etc.
- Lunches 10:48am-1:08pm: stop by the U.S. Air Force table during your lunch, no sign up required. Recruiter: John Dahlin
- 2:20pm: UW River Falls (River Falls, WI) – David Toles
Students – sign up for all college visits using the FlexTime Scheduler
For an alphabetical list of upcoming college visits, click here.
- Lunches 10:48am-1:08pm: Casa Blanca Modeling, table during all lunches
Life After The Storm, our annual event where alumni return to talk to current students about their transition to life beyond Chan HS, will be held on Thursday, Dec. 20 from 8am-11:06am. Alumni are welcome to stay for lunch and possibly have a panel presentation from 1:20-1:50pm in the Forum. Please contact Emily Mattran, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to participate in the great event!
Current Chan students: use the Scheduler/College Visits to sign up for the Alumni Panel in the Forum during 2nd and 4th periods (there are two sessions in each period). Select “Life After The Storm” in 1st W.I.N. to come hear the alumni panel at 1:20pm.