- 1:30-1:59pm: Engineering Professor from North Dakota State to talk about programs, specifically Civil Engineering and Industrial Engineering, along with our college rep Matt Henry
- 2:20-2:50pm: St. Cloud State University (St. Cloud, MN) – Courtney Olsen
Students – sign up for all college visits using the FlexTime Scheduler
For an alphabetical list of upcoming college visits, click here.
- Lunches 10:48am-1:06pm: stop by the U.S. Marines table during your lunch, no sign up required. Sgt Schultz is our recruiter.
Explore Agricultural Careers on Friday, December 7 at the Ridgewater College Willmar campus from 8:30am-12:30pm, lunch included. Visit the state-of-the-art facilities and explore the seven well-established agricultural programs, everything from traditional dairy, agronomy and farm operations to GPS/GIS and the newest program – Agricultural Power and Equipment Technician.
- discover employment opportunities in agriculture
- attend industry presentations about new products and technologies
- network with industry representatives from major agriculture companies
- explore trade show exhibits
- review ag training programs
To register or for info: 320-222-5267, firstname.lastname@example.org. Register by Dec. 3 at www.ridgewater.edu/agcareer-tech
- ACT test, arrive no later than 7:45am for an 8:00am start time
- Bring your admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), approved calculator with fresh batteries, a snack for break
- Registration deadline was Nov. 2 for this test
- Students can check out ACT Test Prep books from the CRC.
- Minnesota Career Information System: students login with their personal “MyCIS” information (or create an account if a new user), mncis.intocareers.org . Hover over the “My Portfolio” tab, and then click on “College Entrance/GED/ASVAB Test” to access up to 3 full-length practice tests as well as a self-paced online ACT Prep Course (also available: “Advanced Academic Tests” for AP/SAT Subject Tests/Graduate Level tests)
- District 112 Community Education regularly offers ACT Prep Options – two District teachers regularly offer a Prep Class. Check the Community Education Brochure under “Academic Enrichment – High School”, ce4all.org, or call 952-556-6400. Private Tutoring is also offered through Community Ed as available – call 952-556-6194.
- Learning Express Library: Free practice, but need to sign in with a library card and pin, https://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/libraryhome
- There are many independent test prep companies in the area, but the District is not in a position to recommend or endorse any particular option.
- From ACT: “Your coursework already prepares you to take the ACT—but additional practice can help you be ready to do your best.” For more information about test practice from ACT, visit http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation.html – “ACT Academy” is free; other options are fee based. The ACT website offers helpful testing information, tips, guides, etc.