All District Juniors are encouraged/expected to take the ACT the morning of Tuesday, April 3, 2018. The test will start at the beginning of school (8:00am) and will go until about 12:45pm. This is a score that can be used for college admissions, and students will take the ACT + Writing. There is no fee to take the test, and students will register for the test during Advisory.
- The ACT website has limited practice on their website and has a “Question of the Day”
- ACT prep books are available for check out in the CRC
- The Minnesota Career Information System has free test practice as well as a free self-paced online study course for Chan students. Students must log into their “MyCIS” account, hover over “My Portfolio”, and then select “College Entrance Tests”.
- Arrive in plenty of time, no later than 7:45am is suggested
- Bring: admission ticket (not for April 3 test), current photo ID, #2 pencils, approved calculator with fresh batteries, snack for breaktime, confidence
Leaving the Nest: Preparing Yourself and Your Child for Leaving Home
Preparing for your child to spread their wings and head off to college or move out of the house can be a time of mixed emotions—excitement, anxiety, hope and fear, all rolled into one. Join educators from myHealth to talk about issues pertinent to newly independent young people, such as sexuality, stress, sleep, safety, and drugs and alcohol. You can’t go to college with them, but you can ensure they are prepared when they leave. Intended for parents with children in grades 8 and up. Presented by myHealth.
Chaska High School, Blue Forum Free Wednesday, April 4th, 2018 6-8pm
Registration is not required, but is requested, www.ce4all.org
#Stigma180 presentations are FREE. Parents, students, staff and community members are invited to attend. Educator CEUs are available. For more information, contact Family School Coordinators: Madalyn Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Eric Dean at DeanE@district112.org.
Join us for the 23rd Annual Job and Education Fair at Chaska High School on April 5th. This event is co-sponsored by District 112, Carver County Workforce Services, and Minnesota Career Centers. Click here for a flyer!
- 10:40 am: Bemidji State University (Bemidji, MN); Rep – Kim Fisher
- Lunches 11:09am-1:14pm: U.S. Air Force
No sign up required, just stop by the table during your lunch.
Students – sign up for all college visits using the FlexTime Scheduler
For an alphabetical list of upcoming college visits, click here.