The Minnesota Education Fair is rotated between our school district and Eden Prairie each spring, and it is Chaska High School’s turn to host the fair this year. All area students are invited to attend and visit with about 120 colleges and universities: public, private, 2-year, 4-year, in-state, out-of-state.
More details to come later!
- ACT test, arrive no later than 7:45am for an 8:00am start time
- Bring your admission ticket, current photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), approved calculator with fresh batteries, a snack for break
- Registration deadline was March 8 for this test
- Students can check out ACT Test Prep books from the CRC.
- Minnesota Career Information System: students login with their personal “MyCIS” information (or create an account if a new user), mncis.intocareers.org . Hover over the “My Portfolio” tab, and then click on “College Entrance/GED/ASVAB Test” to access up to 3 full-length practice tests as well as a self-paced online ACT Prep Course (also available: “Advanced Academic Tests” for AP/SAT Subject Tests/Graduate Level tests)
- District 112 Community Education regularly offers ACT Prep Options – two District teachers regularly offer a Prep Class. Check the Community Education Brochure under “Academic Enrichment – High School”, ce4all.org, or call 952-556-6400. Private Tutoring is also offered through Community Ed as available – call 952-556-6194.
- Learning Express Library: Free practice, but need to sign in with a library card and pin, https://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/libraryhome
- There are many independent test prep companies in the area, but the District is not in a position to recommend or endorse any particular option.
- From ACT: “Your coursework already prepares you to take the ACT—but additional practice can help you be ready to do your best.” For more information about test practice from ACT, visit http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation.html – “ACT Academy” is free; other options are fee based. The ACT website offers helpful testing information, tips, guides, etc.
- ACT test for all Juniors: registration for this free test will be done during the school day, and Juniors will be taking the ACT + Writing test during the school day. Scores from this test are “college eligible” just like any other Saturday National Test Date. More details will be sent to Junior Families closer to the test date.
Our Decision Day Celebration is a special recognition of the Class of 2019, with a senior only breakfast before school, an early shared lunch which is followed by a celebration in the Theater of all the various choices seniors have made for the following year.
More details to come in the Spring, as well as a letter home to seniors and parents.