- As Minnesota high school students think about applying to college, application fees should not be a barrier. There are man opportunities for students to apply to Minnesota institutions – of all kinds: 2 yr, 4 yr, public, private – for free.
- October is known as “MN College Knowledge Month” with a focus on “Explore, Plan, Apply” – whether it is a post-secondary institution, a military option, or the workforce.
- College Knowledge website with more information: http://bit.ly/freecollegeapps
- For a list of colleges waiving fees during College Knowledge Month, click here
- 10:20-10:28am: St. Cloud State University (St. Cloud, MN) – Courtney Olsen
- Lunches: Hope House Awareness/Information Table
- 1:30-1:59pm: Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS) – Chayce Wynn
- 2:20-2:50pm: North Dakota State College of Science (Wahpeton, ND) – Jim Johnson
Students – sign up for all college visits using the FlexTime Scheduler
For an alphabetical list of upcoming college visits, click here.
- Information Session hosted by the Directors of Admissions from Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN), Tufts University (Medford, MA), and Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY). The 90-minute session includes a general overview of a highly selective admission process, an overview of the 3 schools, discussion of admission and financial aid processes, and time for questions. Students may RSVP/register here.
- ACT Test, arrive by 7:45am, test will end between 11:30am-12:30pm depending on which test was chosen at registration (ACT no Writing or ACT plus Writing)
- Bring: Admission Ticket, current photo ID, approved calculator with fresh batteries, #2 pencils, a snack for break – best to leave phone in your car.
- Registration for this test ended Sept. 20
- To register for future ACT tests, visit www.actstudent.org
- Questions about the CRC? Contact Mrs. Mattran in the CRC, 952-556-3545 or email@example.com
- Are you interested in playing sports at the NCAA level in college? Come find out more information from our presenter from the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Compliance Office! This is a District wide program and will be in the Chaska High School Blue Forum.
Oportunidades para estudiates Latinos – Tuesday, October 29 – 6:00pm – Riverview Terrace Community Resource Room – This event will provide first generation Latino students and their parents with a better understanding about college and resources available to assist them including valuable information on paying for college. The presentation will be communicated in Spanish by Javier from Normandale Community College. All students and parents are welcome to attend.