Healthy eating is so important for children. At Chanhassen High School, we work hard to ensure students receive a healthy breakfast and lunch each day to support their developing brains and bodies. Research shows that children who eat regular, nutritious meals are more likely to attend school and be engaged in learning.
We are excited to partner with The Sheridan Story to offer a free weekend food program to all our students.
The Sheridan Story is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to fight child hunger through community and school partnerships. They strive to make a difference in children’s lives by focusing on food gaps like weekends, school breaks, and summer when they can’t receive food in school.
- Free for all families
- No qualifications required for enrollment
- Students enrolled in the program will receive a 4-5 pound bag of nutritious, non-perishable food each week
- The Sheridan Story does not collect information from families; privacy is protected
- Families may enroll in the program anytime throughout the school year
- Families may choose from a variety of different weekend food bag options
Please complete the enrollment form or contact Melissa Coddington at Coddingtonm@district112.org to enroll your child.
The Chanhassen Sheridan Coordinators