Thank you to all the seniors who applied for local scholarships! Thank you also to all the local organizations and families who donated scholarships for Chanhassen students. We truly appreciate your generosity! We hope to see all of you at our scholarship awards program on May 31, 7:00pm.
http://cnsschoolcounselors.blogspot.com/ – the Chanhassen School Counselor Blog is updated regularly; check the blog for up-to-the-minute information throughout the year. You can also subscribe to the blog to be updated with new posts.
March 14: –Minnesota Regional College Fair 6:00-8:00pm at Chanhassen High School, Main Gym The fair is free and is open to all area families. Over 115 educational options will be represented: 2-and 4-year, public and private. Save yourself the time of filling out interest cards at college tables – sign up for a scannable barcode at www.gotocollegefairs.com. College representatives can scan your barcode, will then have all pertinent information available, and will be able to spend more time talking about student plans and questions. For a list of attending colleges, visit www.mn-acac.org . And remember, March 14 is National Pi Day (3.14) – have a piece of pie to celebrate!
March 24 – April 2: Spring Break! Be safe, be responsible, and have a wonderful time!
- Seniors – FAFSA forms should be completed and sent in as soon as possible. For more information, visit the website fafsa.ed.gov
- Are you looking for information about colleges, careers, scholarships, test prep – including AP!, interest surveys? Try the website mncis.intocareers.org User name: chanhassen, Password: goblue. To access tests, students must sign into their own account. All Chanhassen students have been on this site, and parents who would like a preview can contact Emily Mattran in the CRC: 952-556-3545, email@example.com
- Remaining ACT Tests: April 8 (Register by March 3), and June 10 (Register by May 5) actstudent.org
- Remember: all juniors will be taking the ACT + Writing during the school day on Wednesday, April 19 – no registration or payment needed! Because all juniors will be taking the April 19 ACT, we do not recommend that juniors take the Saturday April 8 ACT.
- ACT Prep Course is offered prior to April 8 (April 19 for juniors) test through Community Ed: ce4all.org or 952-556-7200. Three Monday nights starting March 13 (no class March 27), 7-8:30pm, Chanhassen High School, taught by Andy Powell and Jesse Longley, $79, Class # 8101B.
- Coming Thursday, April 6, 3-6:30pm: Job & Education Fair at Chaska High School, offered in partnership with Carver County Workforce Services. All ages, all wages!
- May 1, National “Decision Day”, deadline for many college deposits for housing and enrollment! We will have special “Celebrate Seniors” events at school on Friday, April 28 since May 1 falls on a Monday and the start of AP Testing. Seniors – wear your college/work/military gear on April 28. Details will be shared with seniors in Advisory and in an email to senior parents in April.
- Senior Scholarship Awards night is May 31 in the Chanhassen HS Theater, 7:00pm. More details will be coming in April and May.
- Follow the CRC on Twitter #ChanHighCRC
March Parent Trivia: Using “School Sort” on www.mncis.intocareers.org (username: chanhassen password: goblue) under “Education” tab, find and name the 3 schools in Minnesota, Iowa, and Washington with a major in “Aerospace, Aeronautical, and Astronautical Engineering”. Send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23 to be entered in a prize drawing for your student.