January 20, 2017:
- The Chan Speech Team begins its in-state competitive season on Saturday, January 20th at our annual Chanhassen Speech Tournament, Saturday, January 21st. Over 1400 students from around the metro and state will be competing here.
- Chan’s One Act Play entry for this year, Oh, Beautiful for Clowny Skies, will be in performance next week at four different venues: Monday, January 23rd at the Metro West OAP Festival held at Cooper High School; Friday and Saturday, January 27th and 28th at the annual District 112 One Act Play Showcase (Chaska High School, Theater Friday night; Chan High School Theater, Saturday night); and Saturday, January 21st at the MSHSL Region Sub-Section competition at New Prague High School.
- The Chan Winter Band Concert will be held Thursday, January 26th at 7:30 pm in the Chan Theater.
- The Chan Quiz Bowl Team will be in action Saturday, January 28th at the first ever Metro West Quiz Bowl Tournament, which is being hosted by Chaska High School.
- The Chan Bands & Choirs will be hosting the District 112 Music Festival in collaboration with the Chaska Music Department on Tuesday, January 31st. This is a recruiting event that allows district middle school band & choir students to meet and work with the music directors at their future high school.
- The Chan Jazz Band will take part in the Metro West Conference Jazz festival on Wednesday, February 1st. The event is being hosted by St. Louis Park High School.
- The annual District 112 Jazz Festival will take place at Chan High School this year over Friday and Saturday, February 3rd & 4th. Friday events will include the Children’s’ Concerts featuring the ECCS All-Star Big Band. The highlight of the weekend will undoubtedly be the Jazz Festival Finale Concert on Saturday, February 4, at 7:00 pm in the Chanhassen High School Theater. This culminating event will feature the student ensembles from Chaska Middle Schools East & West, Pioneer Ridge, as well as Chanhassen and Chaska High Schools. The most anticipated performance of the night promises to be that of ECCS All-Star Big Band. It is with this powerhouse of local talent that the community can hear the superb musicianship of this year’s Jazz Festival guest performer Russ Peterson.